As most of you have noticed, I’m not a big fan of this season of The Flash. I didn’t like Season 1 all that much, and then I liked Season 2, but this Season has just been very ‘bleh’ for the most part. There have been a few episodes here and there that really kicked it up into ‘oh hey cool’ territory before now, and tonight’s episode joins them.
Since I’ve got a lot of things to do tonight, we’ll do this list style!
- I actually enjoyed HR tonight. I usually hate HR, but he was fun tonight!
- Cisco got to be a fun badass, which is always a good thing.
- Julian and Caitlyn kinda has me going ‘eehhh’ but I liked Julian’s dynamic with the team tonight. It was more human than he usually is.
- For once I wasn’t entirely grossed out by Barry and Iris and the whole ‘kissing your sister’ thing. It’s still there, but it was less abrasive for some reason tonight.
- I actually enjoyed Wally learning from Barry this episode. It was interesting to see Barry trying to be a good teacher.
- The bad guy was so weak this time. WHY was he there from Flashpoint? Did I miss something or is that just a ‘fuck it, let’s go with this!’ type of thing?
- I’m getting tired of the repeated, “I’m not gonna die” “I’m gonna save you from dying” thing with Iris. We get it! She’s gonna die but you’re gonna try and stop it from happening! It just feels like a solid 10 minutes every week is devoted to the same conversation over and over.
- I don’t understand the motivation to tell Joe Iris is gonna die. I get why he was angry and why he wanted to know, but why does she WANT to tell her dad something that will make him absolutely lose it for the next few months solid? Because that’s what he’s going to do now. If there’s no way to stop it, he’s going to have the last few months of his daughters life freaking out over what’s to come. And even if she can be saved, his life is basically RUINED for the next few months. I would NEVER want to put my dad in that situation. No way in hell.
So yeah, as you can see, a lot more pros than cons! I really liked tonight’s episode, and I hope you guys did, too!